About Us: FirstService Residential transforms the property management landscape by providing professional association management services to over 9,000 residential communities across the United States and Canada. Our dedication to associate satisfaction and growth is recognized by our Great Place to Work certification, exemplifying our commitment to fostering a positive and inclusive workplace culture. Our 19,000 associates can count on competitive salaries, top-tier medical, dental, and retirement benefits, career training, and support for continued professional development.
Experience being part of a high-performing team with a fulfilling career in property management with FirstService Residential.
To learn more about our company and culture, please visit www.fsresidential.com/california
Essential Duties & Responsibilities To be successful in this role, you will need to:
• Align sited associate behaviors, activities, and initiatives to support and enhance the objectives of the organization.
• Be a creative self-starter who can create and execute strategic projects that support the delivery of companywide customer experience objectives.
• Develop effective communication and training curriculum content that captures the tone of our culture and consistently supports the desired resident experience.
• Lead the creation, execution, and monitoring of quarterly training programs for client facing associates including certificates of completion for each associate.
• Create and manage associate quarterly training calendar invitations and attendance records.
• Demonstrate a collaborative approach to interacting and influencing associates at all levels, including senior executives.
• Participate in improving our recruiting and training practices for front of house staff
• Suggest and lead innovation initiatives designed to enhance the resident experience.
• Improve associate engagement and retention and deliver on our brand promise.
• Establish and use systems to capture and report on critical success metrics, including customer feedback and/or trends in resident needs. Improving the Resident Experience
• Conduct site visits in partnership with General Managers and Regional leadership. Observe and understand typical resident interactions with our sited associates.
o Are we providing fast and helpful responses?
o Does the associate demeanor and appearance align with the building brand and our global service standards?
o Are the sited associates trained and empowered to assist residents?
o Are we using our tools and systems effectively?
o How can we better support our on-site associates?
o Consider other ways to improve resident lifestyles and convenience.
• Develop process improvement suggestions for individual buildings in partnership with the General Manager.
• Develop process improvement suggestions for entire high-rise division in partnership with Regional leaders.
• Strong partnership and collaboration with lines of business allowing for continuous delivery and improvement Leadership
• Understand other corporate support roles (HR, Training, Accounting, Engineering and create meaningful relationships with these department leaders.
• Assist and collaborate with recruiting department to define, identify, hire and train front of house staff. Goal is to have a pool of interchangeable staff in certain markets. • Assist General Manager and Regional Leaders with onsite hospitality, emergency, and safety training.
• Build and maintain internal and external relationships that benefit our customer service goals and objectives.
• Help refine our on-site, resident-facing, on-boarding experience for new associates so they are set up for success and familiar with our tools, policies, and protocols.
• Partner with Regional leaders in sales presentations and discovery meetings with potential clients.
• Model desired behavior to inspire and engage associates while creating an environment that is inclusive of all associates.
• Understand our financial performance drivers and actively participate in High-rise division leadership meetings.
• Practice and adhere to FirstService Residential Global Service Standards.
• Conduct business at all times with the highest standards of personal, professional and ethical conduct.
• Ensure all safety precautions are followed while performing the work.
• Follow all policies and Standard Operating Procedures as instructed by Management.
• Perform any range of special projects, tasks and other related duties as assigned.
• Presence at night meetings for board presentations as needed.
No immediate direct reports; but cross-functional “matrix” style leadership and collaboration is required.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s Degree preferred in hospitality, communications, business, or related field and a minimum of 3-5 years’ experience; or combination of education and/or experience. Knowledge, Skills & Proficiencies
• Excellent writing and presentation skills aligned to hospitality and service excellence.
• Advanced use of technology to streamline processes and improve resident experience.
• Detail oriented and strong organizational and multi-tasking skills.
• Must have excellent proficiency in Windows and Microsoft Office, including but not limited to Teams, Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook
• Ability to work with sensitive or confidential information.
• Ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure.
• Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently and be self-driven
• Critical thinking, problem solving, judgment and decision-making ability. Tools & Equipment Used General office equipment. Computer and peripherals, standard and customized software applications and tools, and usual office equipment. Physical Requirements / Working Environment The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Must be able to lift 25 lbs.
• Must be able to sit for extended periods of time.
• Must have finger dexterity for typing/using a keyboard.
• Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors, vendors and our clients
• Valid California Driver’s License and State mandated vehicle insurance, and registration.
• Ability to walk extensive slope and/or flat association areas and visually review landscape, building areas, recreation facilities, parks etc. to ensure proper maintenance.
• Ability to work late into evenings as required for board meeting attendance.
This is a full time position with typical scheduled hours, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. May be required to work overtime as needed and approved by supervisor, including occasional evening meetings. Consistent and regular attendance required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Hours over and above normal office hours will occur, including evenings, holidays, and some weekends. Schedule is subject to change based on business needs.
Frequent travel within California to client buildings and regional offices.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. This is not an all-inclusive job description; therefore, management has the right to assign or reassign schedules, duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.